- Balancing Self-Sufficiency and Community
- The Top 6 Tactical Flashlights! Which One Is Right for You?
- 8 Practical Self-Defense Tactics for Senior Citizens
- Practicing Survival Skills When You Live in an Urban Setting
- Best Places You Can Move to Before or After a Disaster Strikes
- Incorporating Mental Health While Prepping
- Doomsday Prepping Your Business
- Black Powder in the Modern World
- Why It’s Critical to Have an Escape Plan in Any Environment or Location
- Community Planning: How Your Neighbors and Friends Can Plan for Disaster
- How To Prevent The Most Common Injuries You Can Get In The Woods
- Homemade Gunpowder: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Doomsday Proof Careers: The Pros and Cons of Choosing Professions That Will Exist After Disasters
- How to Prepare Against Negative Animal Interactions
- How to Prepare for Injuries Before and After Doomsday
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tag Archives: Swine Flu
Last weekend I went on a fishing trip to northern New Mexico, courtesy of my work. It was a most excellent time and I got to do some relaxing away from the computer for a bit. Here’s a snapshot of one of the lakes: Since I drove up there and it was a 10 hour trip each way, I had a lot of time to think. One of the things that I pondered about was how many potential events that are currently facing us. We’ve covered these in the podcasts and in this blog, so there’s no need to list … Continue reading
Swine flu, or Influenza A (H1N1), is still a concern. I know that it might not have seem that way if the only place you get your news is from TV/Radio, but it is still a serious and potentially bad situation. I’m surprised that the WHO hasn’t yet rasied the Pandemic Flu Alert to Level 6, which is the highest and signifies a full global pandemic, as Swine flu is still spreading throughout the globe. This current Swine Flu turned out to be a very weak strain of flu, at least so far. While that sounds good, you should keep … Continue reading
Just finished uploading episode #19 which covers Pandemic Flu. It’s the scoop on the real info about pandemic flu and what you can do to prepare for them. Podcast Feeds (use whichever is more convenient): Feedburner: feed://feeds.feedburner.com/ThePreparednessPodcast iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=300822055 Direct: http://thepreparednesspodcast.com/podcasts/podcast.xml Below are the show notes: Unless you have been living under rock, you have no doubt heard about the Swine Flu. This show is going to be all about Pandemic Flu, and Swine Influenza A H1N1. There is a lot of bad information being passed around, so we’re going to address the facts and realities of Pandemic Flu. Facts and status of the flu as … Continue reading
There are 6 levels of alert that the WHO has established, and it has just been raised to 5. http://www.who.int/en/ Also, there is a rumor going around that there are really only 7 deaths from this, that the WHO only recognizes 7 real deaths from swine flu. This is bunk rumor. See for yourself: http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_04_29/en/index.html There is a lot of misinformation going on about this swine flu. Don’t believe anything until you research it yourself. Stay tuned for our upcoming podcast on pandemic flu, where we’ll be giving you the real info that you need to know to be prepared.
http://all-hands.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2418&Itemid=121 -Greg Trent
Follow the link, updated information on a single page. http://www.vuetoo.com/vue1/Situationpagenews.asp?af=&sit=4540&z=&np=&tp=14 -Greg