- How to Teach Your Children About Firearm Safety
- Balancing Self-Sufficiency and Community
- The Top 6 Tactical Flashlights! Which One Is Right for You?
- 8 Practical Self-Defense Tactics for Senior Citizens
- Practicing Survival Skills When You Live in an Urban Setting
- Best Places You Can Move to Before or After a Disaster Strikes
- Incorporating Mental Health While Prepping
- Doomsday Prepping Your Business
- Black Powder in the Modern World
- Why It’s Critical to Have an Escape Plan in Any Environment or Location
- Community Planning: How Your Neighbors and Friends Can Plan for Disaster
- How To Prevent The Most Common Injuries You Can Get In The Woods
- Homemade Gunpowder: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Doomsday Proof Careers: The Pros and Cons of Choosing Professions That Will Exist After Disasters
- How to Prepare Against Negative Animal Interactions
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tag Archives: Preparedness Capability Checklist
Now Available for the first time in print, the new and improved version of The Preparedness Capability Checklist. Go here for details!
Back it up, is a term many of us have heard and most often relate to computers and the data or information held on them. This term, or more importantly, idea of backing up and keeping copies of important information applies to any critical document we have. Many people have or have access to multi-function printer devices that integrate scanners. How many of us have used that scanner to copy birth certificates, wedding documents, Social Security cards, and, well you get the idea. Scan this stuff and go wild. Storage space is cheap, and with the advent of cheap usb … Continue reading
Cutting through the FUD. FUD is a term commonly tossed around on many internet forum and chat sites. It stands for Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt, and is commonly used when untrue information is is used or given as a reason for compliance or as a basis for decision. Really, it’s a term used when misinformation is used to prompt others into action or inaction by reason of fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt. This term is most commonly applied to governmental agencies. The California DOJ is notorious for handing out contradictory or just plain wrong information. Head on over to www.calguns.net for … Continue reading
Two act of sabotage has left a large portion of Central California with distrupted communications, especially telephone communications. Hundreds of thousands of AT&T, Verizon, Nextel and Sprint customers with land lines, cell phones and Internet service were affected. Reminiscent of the hours after an earthquake, widespread communications interruptions baffled emergency service providers, businesses and residents as cell phone chatter, Web surfing, ATM, credit card and other electronic data sharing came to a screeching halt overnight. Lets face it, we’re pretty reliant on our working infrastructure. Disrupting it in any way has far reaching and last effects. Read through the linked … Continue reading
It was a bumpy road getting here, but we’ve finally arrived at 2009. We are 9 years into the 21st century and still no flying cars or silver unitards. Looking down the road at what’s ahead, it looks rather stormy. I’d like to say that we’re past the worst of it, but I think that’s still ahead. If you’ve been following the state of the economy and what’s coming up in the near future, you know that it’s not a rosy picture. But, that’s life! Life is full of challenges and this is no different. The best way to get … Continue reading
Lately, we’ve been focusing on some larger events that are happening now or may happen in the near future. However, we shouldn’t forget about the other “minor” scenarios that can happen. For example, right now in the US, there is a large swath of arctic cold gripping the country and much of the North is getting lots of snow. We need to keep in mind that there are many smaller things that can occur which can effect us as much as a large event. If your local grocery store is out of food because people panicked and rushed to the store … Continue reading