- Balancing Self-Sufficiency and Community
- The Top 6 Tactical Flashlights! Which One Is Right for You?
- 8 Practical Self-Defense Tactics for Senior Citizens
- Practicing Survival Skills When You Live in an Urban Setting
- Best Places You Can Move to Before or After a Disaster Strikes
- Incorporating Mental Health While Prepping
- Doomsday Prepping Your Business
- Black Powder in the Modern World
- Why It’s Critical to Have an Escape Plan in Any Environment or Location
- Community Planning: How Your Neighbors and Friends Can Plan for Disaster
- How To Prevent The Most Common Injuries You Can Get In The Woods
- Homemade Gunpowder: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Doomsday Proof Careers: The Pros and Cons of Choosing Professions That Will Exist After Disasters
- How to Prepare Against Negative Animal Interactions
- How to Prepare for Injuries Before and After Doomsday
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tag Archives: Pandemic Flu
In a recent podcast, I make commentary on a how that was on the History Channel called, “After Armageddon.” Several of you have asked for a link to where they could see it online. Unfortunately, the History Channel hasn’t made this available yet. A few days ago, someone put it up on YouTube. It’s not a great copy of it, but it is watchable. I recommend that you watch this with your spouse, family and or group and pause it often to discuss the various issues that it brings up. Then, listen to my commentary on the podcast. Watch it … Continue reading
Swine flu, or Influenza A (H1N1), is still a concern. I know that it might not have seem that way if the only place you get your news is from TV/Radio, but it is still a serious and potentially bad situation. I’m surprised that the WHO hasn’t yet rasied the Pandemic Flu Alert to Level 6, which is the highest and signifies a full global pandemic, as Swine flu is still spreading throughout the globe. This current Swine Flu turned out to be a very weak strain of flu, at least so far. While that sounds good, you should keep … Continue reading
Just finished uploading episode #19 which covers Pandemic Flu. It’s the scoop on the real info about pandemic flu and what you can do to prepare for them. Podcast Feeds (use whichever is more convenient): Feedburner: feed://feeds.feedburner.com/ThePreparednessPodcast iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=300822055 Direct: http://thepreparednesspodcast.com/podcasts/podcast.xml Below are the show notes: Unless you have been living under rock, you have no doubt heard about the Swine Flu. This show is going to be all about Pandemic Flu, and Swine Influenza A H1N1. There is a lot of bad information being passed around, so we’re going to address the facts and realities of Pandemic Flu. Facts and status of the flu as … Continue reading
There are 6 levels of alert that the WHO has established, and it has just been raised to 5. http://www.who.int/en/ Also, there is a rumor going around that there are really only 7 deaths from this, that the WHO only recognizes 7 real deaths from swine flu. This is bunk rumor. See for yourself: http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_04_29/en/index.html There is a lot of misinformation going on about this swine flu. Don’t believe anything until you research it yourself. Stay tuned for our upcoming podcast on pandemic flu, where we’ll be giving you the real info that you need to know to be prepared.