- How to Teach Your Children About Firearm Safety
- Balancing Self-Sufficiency and Community
- The Top 6 Tactical Flashlights! Which One Is Right for You?
- 8 Practical Self-Defense Tactics for Senior Citizens
- Practicing Survival Skills When You Live in an Urban Setting
- Best Places You Can Move to Before or After a Disaster Strikes
- Incorporating Mental Health While Prepping
- Doomsday Prepping Your Business
- Black Powder in the Modern World
- Why It’s Critical to Have an Escape Plan in Any Environment or Location
- Community Planning: How Your Neighbors and Friends Can Plan for Disaster
- How To Prevent The Most Common Injuries You Can Get In The Woods
- Homemade Gunpowder: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Doomsday Proof Careers: The Pros and Cons of Choosing Professions That Will Exist After Disasters
- How to Prepare Against Negative Animal Interactions
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tag Archives: Food crisis
Here’s a recipe for disaster: “ the Fed will keep injecting money into the economy until growth picks up and unemployment starts dropping significantly.” QE1 and QE2 didn’t work, so now we need QE3. You would think that they’d learn, but remember, these are the same people that didn’t see the 2008 Recession coming and said that everything was fine. Until it wasn’t fine. Not to mention, can you point to anyone, besides bankers, that was actually helped by QE1 or 2? Me neither. [From QE3: Reactions to the Feds big stimulus move – ] On Thursday, the Federal Reserve announced yet … Continue reading
Yup, there’s the spike. I have a feeling that it won’t last as long as some people are saying, but that’s why we prepare, right? Having food storage allows us to “skip” over these price spikes and average out the food costs over a longer period of time. [From And There’s Your Big Food Price Spike – Business Insider – ] From today’s PPI report, this chart measures the sequential change in raw foodstuff (food commodities that go into processed foods). Thanks to the drought, that number reversed two straight months of declines, and surged over 5%.
Are you ready for food shortages? Record heat and drought killing crops… Drought pains & market moves Crop conditions are the worst they’ve been in decades. USDA recognized at least part of that likely slash in crop output in its August 10 crop production and grain supply/demand reports that showed corn yields will likely be around 120 bushels/acre and soybeans below the 40-bushel mark. But, some farmers think those figures are still way too high. Even if they’re not, though, numbers like those raise some major supply/demand concerns for the global corn pipeline and have many farmers wondering how high … Continue reading
There hasn’t been too much reporting about this lately, so it may have dropped off your radar, but the food shortage crisis is still an issue (IOW, it’s not a “non-event”). The global financial meltdown has pushed the ranks of the world’s hungry to a record 1 billion, a grim milestone that poses a threat to peace and security, U.N. food officials said Friday. Because of war, drought, political instability, high food prices and poverty, hunger now affects one in six people, by the United Nations’ estimate. The financial meltdown has compounded the crisis in what the head of the … Continue reading