Night lights. Do you have enough night lights in your home? Last night, my daughter woke up with a fever and wanted help walking to the bathroom, because she was dizzy. Right then, I really appreciated the night lights we had in the hallways and in the bathroom. There were none in my daughter’s room, as she likes to sleep in the dark, but I’ll be putting in one with an on/off switch. Being able to turn on a minimum amount of light, alleviating the need to blind everyone needlessly, would have helped me find her in the dark.
Being prepared isn’t just for extreme events, it’s being ready for everyday emergencies, too. On any given day, you’re far more likely to be affected by a minor, everyday emergency, than a major disaster. So be prepared for those, too.
- Pentagon Approves Mandatory 21-Day Quarantine Of US Troops Returning From Ebola Missions
- Maine Nurse Who Treated African Ebola Victims Threatens to Sue Over Quarantine
- California Sets State Ebola Quarantine Guidelines
- AP: USA Not Ready for Ebola
- Influenza in the Time of Ebola
- No Ebola sitrep yet
- Not All Infected Ebola Patients Show Symptoms
- Ebola spread shows no sign of slowing down
Prepping and General Interest
- Home alone During an Emergency – Preparedness Advice Blog | Preparedness Advice Blog
- Locating and Utilizing a Natural Spring as a Drinking Water Source
- Year-Round Gardening Tricks For Any Climate
- My Number One Survival Gardening Success Tip
- Big bad but not even a CAT 1
- Urban Rafting For Survival: DIY Raft
- DON’T PANIC! A Layperson’s Guide to Surviving Common Wilderness First Aid Emergencies
- Survive and Conquer: A Newbie’s Guide to Surviving the Wild
- Top 10+ Prepper Uses for 2 Liter Bottles
- Garlic & Asparagus Soup
- 6 Survival Skills Every Child Should Know
- What’s In Your Every Day Carry – EDC?
Science, Nature and Tech
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.