A lot of political comment could be made about the nurse who refuses to self-quarantine, her political affiliation, and how that “sort” of person puts all of society at risk. However, I try to avoid politics when possible, so I’ll let you contemplate that subject on your own. Politics aside, if you don’t have the fortitude to do the right thing and remove yourself from society when you could be a carrier of a deadly disease, your sanity as a human needs to be checked. Sacrifice is the underlining basis of what made the WWII generation great.
Today, we have people who won’t seclude themselves to their home because they feel it’s their right to go get a burger. Ignorant attitudes like this are usually more dangerous than the the situation itself; or at least, creates unnecessary risks. When looking for members for your group, it’s important to weed out these types of people. For more information on finding group members, I have an article on The Survival Mom.com, as well as an article and podcast on my site.
- Scientists Develop 30-Minute, $20 Ebola Test Using Freeze-Dried Paper
- Ebola Info Session: How Would L.A. Handle a Crisis?
- Maine Ebola Nurse Refusing to Self-Quarantine
- Poll: 80% Back Ebola Quarantines
- Ebola Virus Is More Likely to Spread through Aerosols – and Survive Longer – When It’s Cold
- Ebola Discoverer Warns Deadly Virus Will Hit China
- It’s Not About Ebola Anymore
- Blood Test For Ebola Doesn’t Catch Infection Early
Prepping and General Interest
- Indexing Your Temple
- You Won’t Get to Pick the Disaster
- Plan to help elderly neighbors in winter: A 10 min Prep Project
- Boosting Your Immune System: What NOT to Eat
- 17 Surprising Off-Grid Uses For Versatile Cornstarch
- Common Sense Strategies for Teaching Gun Safety: Never Underestimate the Stupid Factor
- 12 Months of Prepping: Month Ten
- Off-Grid for 48 Hours
- On The Edge Of Pandemic: 6 Rules For A Safe Bug Out
- 5 Not-So-Obvious Survival Uses for a Hatchet
- Park Rangers: Taking A “Bear Selfie” Is Dangerous And You Should Stop It Right Now
- Ford Recalls 205,000 SUVs In Cold Weather States Over Gas Tank Issues
- Disorderly Reset Coming-Dollar Goes to Zero-Egon von Greyerz
- Does This Look Like A Housing Recovery To You?
- Get Ready for Shift in Fed Policy
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.