Basic common sense doesn’t exist in government, unfortunately. For if it did, we would have mandatory quarantines for all travelers coming from, or suspected to have come from, infected countries. Instead, we have politicians making decisions based on perceived value at the voting booth and their careers. You can’t stop a disease from crossing a border, but you can make it difficult to do so. That’s problem #1.
Problem #2 are the nonchalant attitudes and ignorance. Despite not having any experience dealing with a disease like Ebola, many doctors and “religious practitioners” have swarmed to Ebola-infected countries to help, and then bring the disease back home. They should know better, but they’re not as smart as they think they are. This is normalcy bias in action.
Many bloggers claim this Ebola virus is different because of how many healthcare workers have become infected. This fear-mongering is problem #3. As I’ve mentioned here before, when you look at the protective measures they took when dealing with infected persons, there’s little doubt why they became infected. Luckily, Ebola isn’t as contagious as the flu, otherwise, this lack of attention to detail would have already killed many more people.
When you combine the above problems together, you get a very dangerous situation. Ebola can be easy to contain and control, but only if you take the right steps.
Get prepared for pandemics now. Have a Pandemic plan. Educate yourself and your family.
- NJ Governor Christie Folds, Un-Quarantines “Symptom-Free” Nurse After 24 Hours
- Ebola As Biological Warfare
- NYC Ebola Patient’s Condition Worsens As Fiancee Returns Home
- Military Ebola Response Training Underway in San Antonio
- Rep. Tim Murphy Urges 21-Day Quarantine for Returning Ebola Doctors
- Texas University Using Tabasco to Train Medical Workers for Ebola
- World View: World Health Organization Declares a Global Polio Outbreak
- Illinois Next to Institute Ebola Quarantines
- Obama Admin Asks States to Back Off Ebola Quarantine Orders
- Can The U.S. Government Protect Americans From Ebola?
- Top US General Warns Of ‘Mass Migration’ And Ebola Panic From Central America
- Ebola Has Unnecessarily Come to America…And I Am Livid!
- N.Y., N.J., Illinois impose new Ebola quarantine rules as Feds Refuse to Stop Flights
- What if Your Apartment has Ebola?
- Health Workers, Fairness, and Ebola
Prepping and General Interest
- Conceal Carry Jeans
- Ares Armor 80% Polymer AR15 Lower on Sale for $50
- 10 Best Bolt-Action Rifles of All Time
- Getting The Most Out Of Your Firewood (Part 1)
- Preparing You And Your Car For Roadside Winter Survival
- Lodge Cast Iron GIVEAWAY!
- Readers Respond: 11 More Winter Supplies to Keep in Your Car
- Uses for Borax
- Breakthrough: A Cup Of Cocoa A Day Keeps Memory Loss Away
- Basic Knife Throwing (Russian Army Style)
- The Three Survival Essentials
- Plan To Survive: The Tactics Of Living
- Free Fruits and Vegetables are Easy to Get.
- At the Range: Walther CCP 9mm
- Ammo Prices: 10/24/2014
- Powerful X-Class Solar Flares Hit Earth, Cause Radio Blackouts (Update) : Discovery News
- Simple Steps To Growing Coffee – Even Where You Live
- 15 Uses for Baking Soda Every Prepper Should Know
- 15 Simple Steps To Escaping The Rat Race And Becoming Self-Sufficient
- How to Naturally Deter Bugs and Pests from Your Garden
- Storage Handling and Disposal of Smokeless Powder
- Finally! A Fire Piston That’s Bomb-Proof
- This Video Series Explains How The Economy Works in Simple Terms
- Quantitative Easing is like “treating cancer with Aspirin”
- “They Just Want The Money!” The IRS Can Now Seize Accounts On Suspicion Alone
- How Will The Stock Market React To The End Of Quantitative Easing?
- Global Economy Has Collapsed-Andy Hoffman
Science, Nature and Tech
- The Sun Went Crazy With 6 Massive Flares in a Week
- Huge Magnetic ‘Ropes’ Are Behind Powerful Solar Explosions
- Report: US Enjoying Its Coolest Year On Record
- Did someone Hack the U.S. Emergency Alert System: Presidential Alert System Taken over in 3 Major U.S. Cities Today
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.