While Ebola is the current hot topic, keep in mind there are other situations and events having the potential to ruin your day. Don’t become short-sighted by focusing too much in a single issue. Other potential scenarios include other diseases, terrorism, and the economy, just to name a few.
Hopefully by now, you have modified your preparedness plan for Ebola and other pandemic diseases and have worked out a family plan to deal with these issues. Start looking out on the horizon to see what may become an issue in six to 12 months and start preparing for those potentials. Winter is coming, and we’re still in hurricane season.
- US Border Agent: We Are Not Ready For Ebola
- Infectious Disease Expert: Ebola Virus Test Has Fatal Flaw
- What the CDC Can Do to Fight Ebola
- What It Takes To Prevent Ebola
- Red Cross official: 6 months to contain Ebola
Prepping and General Interest
- Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle II
- 30 lbs of Tannerite vs 70’s Bronco
- Marlin 1895 GSBL
- (video) What Is More Important? Gardens, Livestock, Or Orchards?
- Get Home Bags and Get Home Plans during a Crisis
- StealthGear USA Mag Carriers
- Fast Track Tip #11: Be Informed With NOAA Weather Radio
- Reader question: How Do you Protect your Emergency Supplies from Pests?
- 4 Ways to Waterproof Your Phone
- Survival Gear Review: Sphinx Arms SDP Subcompact
- Preparedness is the Ultimate Act of Optimism
- Winter Bucket List
- Tourniquet Best Practices: How to Prep, Store and Apply a TQ
- DIY Rendering Fat & Making Soap
- How to Find Other Preppers In Your Area
- A Comparison of Four Different Fire Starters
- 4 Life-Saving Ways To Communicate When The Power Is Out
- Crisis Looms as America’s Volunteer Firefighters Burn Out
- Land Of The Free? 1 In 3 Americans Are On File With The FBI In The US Police State
- 10 Things About The U.S. News Media That They Do Not Want You To Know
- Common Sense Strategies for Teaching Gun Safety: Guns Are a Big Deal
- Permanent Damage to US Economy-Michael Snyder
- Real Hourly Wages Drop In September, Fail To Rise In 6 Of Past 7 Months
Science, Nature and Tech
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.