Many websites are still propagating the “this virus is different” fear angle. It’s not different, or at least, not different in any significant way. Sure, it *could* go airborne, but it is not airborne now. How do we know? Simply by looking at the number of new cases. If Ebola became airborne, there would be a dramatic spike in new cases and it would quickly become uncontrollable. We are not seeing that.
In fact, there is evidence this Ebola outbreak is starting to end. Compare the maps in these two WHO documents for September 18, 2014 and October 17, 2014. We are beginning to see the number of new cases subside and we can only hope that this trend continues. If we were looking at the start to a new global deadly pandemic, this is not what we would be seeing. Stop listening to the fear mongers, they’re only trying to sell you something.
As preppers, we need to ensure we take the proper precautions to safeguard our families. We do this through physical and mental preparations. This includes knowing the facts and staying on top of current – and accurate – information.
- Ebola: Nigeria A Model For Quick Action – International News – redOrbit
- Nigeria and Senegal Free of Ebola Virus
- FEMA Conducting Pandemic Drills Amidst Ebola Crisis
- “Ebola Cruise” Returns To Texas After Suspected Healthcare Worker Cleared
- The Pentagon Will Use 30 Person “Quick-Strike Team” To Deal With Domestic Ebola Patients
- Ebola Outbreak: Why It’s So Important to Find Patient Zero
- General: US Troops Who Contract Ebola Will Be Quarantined in Liberia
- The Worst of the Ebola Outbreak Is Yet to Come
- CIDRAP Director: Two Ebola Possibilities That ‘Should Keep Us up at Night’
- Kaiser Permanente Staff: No Ebola Training in San Diego Hospital
- Group Exposed to Ebola Patient Set Free, Study Questions 21-Day Quarantine Period
- Marine Enters ‘Voluntary’ Ebola Quarantine After Flying With Infected Nurse
- Spanish Ebola Nurse Given All-Clear
- Obama names Ebola Czar with ZERO Medical or Emergency Management Experience
- Warning: A Massive Government Solicitation Could Cause a Shortage of Protective Clothing, Gloves, Masks
- Ebola source sitrep 1
- Ebola Response Teams: U.S. military Team to be Deployed inside the United States
- The Best Items For An Effective Ebola Survival Kit
- Sensation-Free Ebola Facts: What We Know and What We Don’t
- Why More Persons of Color Die From Ebola
- Why Won’t The Fear Of Airborne Ebola Go Away? | KNAU Arizona Public Radio
Prepping and General Interest
- Hacklet 19 – Ham Radio
- Have A Zombie-Proof Shed To Protect You From The Zombie Apocalypse
- Turn Pasta into Makeshift Ramen with Baking Soda
- Handgun Maintenance Tips for Everyday Carry
- Low Light Defensive Pistol Tactics
- Perspectives: Avoiding Hysteria
- The 20 liter Collapsible Swiss Water Bladder.
- Bulletproof Home Defense : What You Should Know!
- Shelter in place without going crazy, Part 1
- Everyday Carry (EDC) It May Be Time for an Upgrade – Preparing for shtf
- Open Border, Ebola & ISIS: A Perfect Storm For America?
- Uncommon Survival Foods – Acorn
- How to Avoid Lightning Strikes.
- How To Use Your Vehicle for Emergency Power
- When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?
- How To Turn Manure And Table Scraps Into Electricity
- Heat Your Home With The Sun – And Cut Your Bills In Half
- Urban Rafting For Survival: DIY Raft
- Spray lube comparison
- Selecting a Sleeping Bag
- Tips For New Concealed Carriers
- How To Prepare For Emergency Power after a Grid Failure; Short and Long Term
- Cash Is King -The Importance of a Cash Stockpile
- DIY Pandemic Preparedness Kit
- TitanStraps – Re-Useable Zip Tie: Review
- Forget about Ebola – here’s why US banks (and your savings) are now EXTREMELY vulnerable
- Dollar is The Weak Spot for US-Paul Craig Roberts
Science, Nature and Tech
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.