One of the primary skills a prepper must have is the ability to think for themselves. This includes filtering out hype, panic, and hyperbole to get to the facts and truth. Right now, we are being slammed with news that Ebola is about to go airborne or it already has gone airborne. The panic this is causing is beginning to heat up and it will only get worse.
Ebola is not airborne. Nor is it “primed” to mutate into an airborne virus. The possibility exists, but until it does, stop panicking. Ebola is a scary disease, but there are other airborne illnesses out there, right now, you should be worried about.
As a prepper, you should have been prepared for a deadly pandemic scenario, or at the least, are calmly making preparations now for such a scenario. One thing to keep in mind, is most preppers (which includes prepper websites) have no idea what they’re talking about when it comes to proper pandemic equipement or decontamination procedures. I hate to say it, but most of the advice your getting will get you killed. You must not be afraid to make your own conclusions, especially when they counter what the authorities are telling us. We already know they don’t know what to do, so it’s up to you to protect your family, and that starts with the proper knowledge.
One bad fact you need to know is the N95 mask is not good for Ebola. In fact, it’s not good for any airborne disease. Any information advising you to stock up on N95 masks should be immediately discounted, as none of the advice will be worth the digital print you’re reading it on. If they get this wrong, the rest of their information is also suspect. The N95 filters 95% of airborne particles, whereas the N100 will filter 99.97%. Which would you rather have when facing a deadly disease?
You should find the following links useful:
Medical Research Org CIDRAP: Ebola Transmittable By Air (Note: this headline is misleading, which I loathe, but there is some *very* good information in this article pertaining to mask filtering.)
You can buy 3M Particulate Respirator 8233, N100 masks here.
- A Genuine Opinion Of The UK/US Airport Ebola Checks: They’re A Joke
- CDC Demands 132 Passengers That Flew With 2nd Ebola Patient Report For Testing
- US Must ‘Rethink’ Ebola, Says CDC Director
- Report: Officials Haven’t Tested Whether Coughing, Sneezing Can Spread Ebola
- NBC Chief Medical Correspondant Ditches Ebola Quarantine for A Bowla Soup
- CDC Director Regrets US Ebola Response
- Nurses: We Were Told to Call Authorities for Ebola Protocol
- Authorities on Exposed Healthcare Workers: ‘We Have No Idea Where They Live’
- A Black Swan Takes Flight
- EBOLA: Are You Scared or Prepared?
- Patient #3 CONFIRMED In Dallas: Total Breakdown in Ebola Control Protocols
- Ebola – How to Avoid Catching It
- Ebola Now Airborne? 2nd Suit-Wearing Hospital Worker Contracts Deadly Virus
- Airborne Ebola
Prepping and General Interest
- Maxpedition Mag Bags
- 10 Prepping Tips To Deter Burglars
- 9 Unexpected And Money-Saving Uses For Apple Cider Vinegar
- SOUP SEASON RECIPE ROUND-UP
- Treats and Snacks in Your Food Storage
- Top 4 Things to do Prior to the Dollar Collapsing
- How to Build a Rotating Canned Food Shelf
- Is Buying a Pre-Made Survival Kit a Good Idea?
- 5 Ways To Beat Old Man Winter And Grow Veggies During Cold Weather
- 9 Ominous Signals Coming From The Financial Markets That We Have Not Seen In Years
- Reality of No Economic Recovery Means Collapse-John Williams
- Is Stock Market Doom Ahead?
Science, Nature and Tech
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.