All viruses mutate, and the mutations create different characteristics in a virus. Can Ebola mutate to become an airborne transmitted disease? Yes, it could, but it’s far more difficult than it seems. Not only does it have to mutate to transmit airborne, it also has to mutate to survive outside of the host for longer than it does now.
This means we need two perfect mutations to occur at the same time. That brings the odds of it occurring down even farther. It’s quite possible when mutating for airborne transmission, it also mutates to a less lethal form.
Will Ebola become airborne? Maybe, maybe not. NO ONE knows. But you will be able to tell if it does, because there will be a sudden and dramatic spike in the number of infections. Until then…
Be Smart. Be Prepared.
- Liberian victims’ families bribing retrieval teams to keep bodies
- Most U.S. Hospitals Cannot Safely Handle Ebola Patients
- Here’s What It Looks Like After Someone Shouts “I Have Ebola, You’re All Screwed!” On A Plane
- CIDRAP: “We Believe There Is Scientific Evidence Ebola Has The Potential To Be Airborne”
- WHO: Expect 10,000 New Ebola Cases per Week by December in West Africa
- 10 Things You Should Know About Ebola
- The best way to help your body protect itself against Ebola (or any virus or bacteria)
- What Are YOU Doing To Prepare For Ebola?
- Ebola: Prepare for Disruptions in Everyday Life
- The CDC Director Just Confirmed They Have No Clue: “We Have To Rethink The Way We Address Ebola Control”
- Shutdown: A Single Ebola Patient Has Overwhelmed The System: Dallas Hospital Forced To Close Emergency Room
- A Genuine Opinion of the UK/US Airport Ebola Checks: Bwhahahahahaha
- How To Survive The Ebola Virus
- Ebola: The Year Of Living Dangerously
Prepping and General Interest
- Disaster Preps: When the Storm Hits the Fan
- Living On Solar: Is Ditching The Grid Realistic?
- Thriving During Your First Year On The Homestead
- 6 Powerful And Surprising Medicinal Uses For Mint
- Fortifying Your Home Against Hardened Criminals
- How And When To Apply A Tourniquet
- Use It or Lose It: Your Guide to Effective Food Storage Strategies and Techniques
- Update on My Hands-Only CPR Post: The AHA’s Response
- 47 Creative Uses for Self-Aid in Your 10 Piece Kit
- Bug Out Ammo for Foraging & Fending
- Volcano Safety
- Lever Guns for Survival and Defense?
- 22 Trees that Produce Sap for Syrup and How to Harvest It
- See the Invisible with a FLIR ONE Thermal Camera
- 28 ways to avoid being the victim of burglars
- 3 Guidelines for Maintaining your Emergency Preparedness Kits
- Bug Out Bag or Go Bag, or just BOB! 50+ items for your BOB!My Family Survival Plan
- 30 Minute Rolls
- How to Implement Self Imposed Reverse Quarantine (SIRQ) to Protect Your Family
- How to Build a 30-Day Emergency Food Supply…Fast
- The Ups and Downs of Finding Like Minded People To Group With
- Thoughts from the Master Chief: Why it’s Never Too Late to Apply for your VA Benefits
- Eliot Coleman and the Four-Season Farming Revolution
- The Long-Lasting Survival Superfood That Fights Cancer, Diabetes And Even Depression
- Car with lighted candle inside starts fire at Florida gas station | www.actionnewsjax.com
- New Vaccines May Have Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus Under Control
- Chili Dogs, Sandwiches And More Than 150 Other Foods Recalled For Possible Listeria Contamination
- 12 Charts That Show The Permanent Damage That Has Been Done To The U.S. Economy
- Suddenly, We Have Problems
Science, Nature and Tech
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.