Word on the wire is that the H7N9 virus now has the ability for airborne transmission between humans (see Special Attention below). The authorities have made huge efforts to contain this virus from the beginning, perhaps this is only a confirmation of something they already knew or suspected. The official number of people that have been infected is under 200, though the real number is higher.
Not that there’s a coverup going on, only that most people don’t get tested, so the confirmed numbers are always a fraction of the real number. With approximately a 23% mortality rate, we need to keep a close eye on this, because if the infection rate starts to increase, it will do so exponentially.
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
- IT’S AIRBORNE: Human Transmission of Deadly H7N9 Virus Now Confirmed
- China’s Bird Flu Goes Airborne | Zero Hedge
Resist the Tyranny
- ALERT!… USDA Forces Whole Foods To Accept Monsanto! | KnowTheLies.com – The Truth is Hidden in Plain View…
- Middle East War, IRS Scandal-Lois Lerner and Death by Drone | Greg Hunters USAWatchdog
- Bridge collapse in Washington state sends cars and people into water | World news | guardian.co.uk
- Stockholm rioting continues for fifth night | World news | guardian.co.uk
- Newly Insured? Good Luck Finding Healthcare! – Forbes
- New rules for labeling meat go into effect in US – Yahoo! News
- GUN WATCH: Florida Carry sues Daytona Beach for its Anti-Gun policies.
- Reason #7,452 to Stay out of NJ â TX Man Transporting Unloaded Firearms Through NJ Doing 3-5 Years in Prison
- Combat Veteran Sues To Get His Guns Back
- Gun groups sue to block new Connecticut gun law – Yahoo! News
- Porter Stansberry: There Is Now a 100% Chance of a Market Collapse
- The Housing UnRecovery Is Here: Architectural Billings Plunge Most Since 2008 | Zero Hedge
- Delinquent Student Loans Hit Record, 30% Of 20-24 Year Olds Are Unemployed And Not In School | Zero Hedge
- Are Covert Operations Underway in the Global Currency Wars? | John Butler | FINANCIAL SENSE
Science, Nature and Tech
- The Colorado River, The High Plains Aquifer And The Entire Western Half Of The U.S. Are Rapidly Drying Up
- M8.2 – Sea of Okhotsk 2013-05-24 05:44:49 UTC
- Oklahoma Tornado Devastation: Before And After Picture | Zero Hedge
- Extremely active 2013 hurricane season expected | The Lookout – Yahoo! News
- Busted: 5 Common Myths About Web Security | OpenDNS Blog
Prepping and General Interest
- GUN WATCH: What Armed Killers Fear Most: Armed Resistance
- How to Pick the Best Concealed Carry Belt Holster – Handguns
- Rugers SR Grows Up: Ruger SR45 Review – Handguns
- How to Secure a Handgun in a Crowd – Handguns
- Hard-Hitting Hybrid: Glock G30S Review – Handguns
- Should We Bring Back the .38 Special Cartridge? – Handguns
- NBC News: “Stock Up On Canned Goods”
None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.