Two items of interest in the Special Attention section below, completely unrelated to each other. The first is an article in USA Today, which is significant because it’s an indicator that the attention is going mainstream. The news story describes how we are at risk for a major power outage from a coronal mass ejection (CME) and there is a bill in congress right now that would take steps to harden our systems and prepare for such events. These same steps would also protect the electrical power grid from an EMP attack. This isn’t the first time that a bill like this has been submitted, but let’s hope it gets passed this time.
While we’re on this topic, don’t forget to check out the EMP Shield project on Kickstarter, where a prepper couple is trying to bring to market real, tested Faraday cages for EMP shielding.
The second article is one that deals with recent examples of what it’s like to go through hyperinflation. Sadly, this is one scenario that we may be facing ourselves in the USA. I have a bunch of podcasts on hyperinflation, too.
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
Resist the Tyranny
- Your child’s data is stored in the cloud – Jun. 28, 2013
- Measure links N.J. gun permits to driver’s licenses
- California: Anti-Gun Bills Continue to be Heard in Senate and House Committees
- How the CDC succumbed to the Gun "Epidemic"
- Groupon lifts ban on gun-related deals in some cities
- Woops! Obama Ordered Gun Report Reveals Guns Actually Save Lives – BlackListedNews.com
- New Mexico: Santa Fe City Council Votes Down Gun Magazine Ban on a 6-2 Vote
- Colorado: Join Fellow Second Amendment Supporters at a Freedom Festival in Glendale this Saturday
- White House Study Finds Guns Save Lives: “Consistently Lower Injury Rates Among Gun Using Crime Victims”
- Prepare for a slowdown in housing prices
- Bernanke is driving the car but can’t see the road
- Gold Plunges!
- Time Is Running Short
- Is This The Peak For Confidence?
- Hostess: “If Bernanke means what he says” Faber: “Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,”
- Jim Sinclair – Fiat Currency is for spending, Gold is for Saving
- The Banksters Are Fully Protected From Bail-In
- Soaring Mortgage Rates Are Going To Make It Far More Difficult To Buy Or Sell A House
- New EU Plan Will Make Every Bank Account In Europe Vulnerable To Cyprus-Style Wealth Confiscation
- Gold Breaks Below $1200
- charles hugh smith-Why the Status Quo Is Doomed
- Albert Edwards: “Marc Faber Is Right. QE99 Here We Come”
- The Great Comex Paper Gold Dump: Online Real-Time Physical Gold Price Datasource
- Mortgage rates soar to 4.46% – Jun. 27, 2013
- Don’t Count on FED Tapering Any Time Soon
- Forget the Fed Tapering Off Unless You Believe in the Easter Bunny
Science, Nature and Tech
- Safety and Social Media – Before You Post That Read This
- Antibacterial Soap Ingredient Shows Potential To Harm Nursing Babies
- Radiation Levels Skyrocket at Fukushima
- UPDATE: MERS Cases and Deaths – NO NEW CASES TODAY
- Review: Nine batteries for charging your iPad (and everything else) | Macworld
Prepping and General Interest
- 19 Surveys Which Prove That A Large Chunk Of The Population Is Made Up Of Totally Clueless Sheeple
- The LaserLyte training system
- Available Gold Supply Disappearing As Gold Price Plunges
- How to Safely Clear Your Home When You Think There’s an Intruder | US Concealed Carry Association | USCCA
- Do you know your rights when approached by the police?
None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.