Note from editor: I’m trying to pare down the number of articles I link to on the PNW, as I know your time is limited. My goal is to focus on those news and information articles that have value, either helping you be better prepared or better informed. From the feedback I’ve received so far, many people only look at the links in the “Prepping” category (the first category below), however, there are some important links in the other categories.
Send me an email, at Rob@PrepCast.info, and tell me how you use the PNW. I’m very interested in knowing where the value for you is, what is useful to you, and what you aren’t interested in.
Prepping and General Interest
- The Inexpensive Tac-Force Speedster Outdoor Knife
- About That Recall: Tips to Tell If You Get Listeria (Even Months Later!)
- 2-Course MREs from Meal Kit Supply Taste Test
- Ammo Prices: 07/25/2014
- Caldwell’s Picatinny Mounted Brass Catcher
- Integrally Suppressed 10/22
- Best New Personal Defense Handgun Ammo for 2014
- 80% 10/22 Receivers
- The Best Rimfire Optics at Every Price Point
- Recipe: Homemade Pico de Gallo
- Stitches, Bandages, or Super Glue?
- Tornado Survival: No Shelter, No Basement, No Problem
- What You Need to Know About Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Corn is Killing Us Faster than We Think
- Living Simply In A Wonderful Tiny House Truck
- Foraging and Preserving Huckleberries
- Episode 231 – Cast Iron, Seasoned Steel, and a Starvation Study
- Make Your Own Calcium Supplement
- How to Make Firebricks and Wood Stove Logs for Free!
- 5 Reasons To Add Ponds To Your Homestead
- Fast Track Tip #9: Test Your Preps Camping!
- 4 Basic Survival Skills To Learn From Animals
- Doctor fires back at Pennsylvania hospital gunman
- Creating a Fake Person Shows How Digital Anonymity Is Nearly Impossible
- No Inflation Friday: Dollarized Panama issues price controls for basic goods
- There Will Be No Warning When the Next Crisis Hits
- Food Inflation Watch: California Farmers’ Water Costs Surge 700% After Government Cuts Supply
Science, Nature and Tech
- How Computer Hackers Could Set Your House On Fire — Remotely
- More trees felled in Everglades as deadly fungus spreads
- Sierra Leone hunts for Ebola victim after patient snatched from hospital
- Liberian Man Tested For Ebola In World’s Fourth Most Populous City
- Water Wars: Southwestern United States Running out of Water
- MERS may have mutated to airborne agent
- Governments Get Creative About Recycling Water
- Detroit could be ground zero for a resurgence in typhoid
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.