Lisa Bedford, AKA The Survival Mom, touches upon a common prepper myth in her latest essay. Be sure to check it out in the Special Focus below, as well as my commentary on it in the next podcast.
Prepping and General Interest
- How to Use a [BUSTED] Cell Phone to Meet 5 Basic Survival Needs
- The Best Temperatures and Uses for Common Cooking Oils
- Take a Minute and Get Produce that is Ripe & Good Quality
- NEW: Emergency Health and Safety Tip for February 3, 2014 – Avoid Electrocution Risks
- Hide Your Valuables in Plain Sight with This DIY False Bottom Crate
- PVC Cryptex Keeps Your Stuff Safe
- Exotic Ammo and Self Defense
- Celente Warns Of Coming Riots: “The Collapse Is Engulfing The World”
- UPDATE: Emergency Preparedness and You
- Wyoming Most Conservative State While DC Ranks Most Liberal
- Generic Lipitor maker’s empty promises
- Don’t Piss Off The Super Bowl’s Weaponized “Eye In The Sky”
- Report: Syria Still Has 96% of Its Chemical Weapons
- Swedish Study: Islamic Extremists Greatest Terrorism Threat
- More Than Half of Americans Believe U.S. Failed in Iraq, Afghanistan
- OK:Reward Poster Contains Elements of Advertisement for Glock
- President to Press his Anti-Gun Agenda “With or Without Congress”
- CO:Constitutional Carry Considered
- From soldierssystems:Bill to make Gun Mufflers Legal in Iowa
- IL:Police Approve 99.3% of Concealed Weapons Permits
- VT:Bill to Restore Right to Own Silencers
- Conversation with an Englishman on Silencers
- From onlygunsandmoney:Concealed Carry vs. Homicide Rates
- CDC: More Children Killed by Fire, Drowning Than by Firearms
- Poll: Percentage Who Think Gun Control Too Strict Triples in One Year
- DOJ Report: Firearm-Related Murders Down 39% Since 1993
- Chicago Billboard: Like Baseball, Apple Pie, AR-15s Are ‘Pure American’
- Gibson Sticks Thumb in Obama Administration’s Eye with ‘Government Series’ Guitars
- Kentucky Withdraws from Common Core Assessment Consortium
- New Winter Storm Provides February’s First Weak Economic Data Excuse
- Deutsche Bank: “We’ve Created A Global Debt Monster”
- Lew warns ‘time is short’ on debt ceiling
- The Federal Reserve Lies About Everything–Rob Kirby
- You Can Buy A House For One Dollar Or Less In Economically Depressed Cities All Over America
- Nearly Half Of America Lives Paycheck-To-Paycheck
- The EBT recovery – Food stamp cuts impact Wal-Mart: The consequences of a low wage recovery create a larger group of Americans living food stamp to food stamp.
- Germany preparing third financial rescue for Greece
- Disposable Income Growth Close to Standstill in U.S.
- Cost of Generic Drugs Soaring Due to Increased Demand from Obamacare
Science, Nature and Tech
- Hack exposes hotel guests’ credit cards
- Guest Post: Bitcoin – Revolution Or Trap?
- California Cuts State Water Allocation 5 Percent–to Zero
- Backblaze stats on 27,000 hard drives show which ones keep on ticking | TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.