In one country, you have people fighting for their freedom against communism. In another country – one that is supposed to symbolize freedom – the leader declares the press needs to be monitored. Interesting times? Not yet, but they will be soon.
Prepping and General Interest
- This DIY Jar Lantern Is Portable, Powerful, and Long-Lasting
- Rethinking homesteading, prepping and self-reliance issues – 40 points to consider before the SHTF
- Questions for the Community: Conditioning Leather and Wax Stickiness
- Have you cleaned your EDC lately?
- Best Sourdough Waffle Recipe
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Mountain House + Giveaway
- The Best Home Remedies for Any Ailment, Backed By Research
- Make Your Own Solar Charging USB Battery Pack
- How to Check if Your Second Passport is Legal
- Do This Before the Government Comes for Your Money…
- OpenKnit, the Open Source Knitting Machine
- Inside the Israeli Defense Forces, Part 3: Optics
- At the Range: SIG Sauer X-Five
- Medicinal Plants Climb Walls of Paris Pharmacy
- Riverwalkers Gear Review – The Predator 4000 Generator from Harbor Freight Tools
- Tips and Tricks for Seeds
- U.S. Army Fields New Climbing Gear | Kit Up!
- Will You be Stuck in a Traffic Nightmare?
- Small, But Fierce! Pocket-Sized Wood Burning Stove.
- Russia Prepared To Fight War Over Ukraine, Senior Government Official Admits
- Weekly News Wrap-Up 2.21.14
- World View: U.S. Naval Intelligence Chief Confirms Worst Fears of China’s Military Buildup
- If You Believe That The Cold War Is Over, Just Look At What Is Happening In Ukraine
- Shock Videos: Government Snipers Open Fire On Ukraine Crowds: “War Is Ahead of Us”
- And Another “Before And After” Picture Of Kiev
- Caracas Is Burning As Maduro Warned May Face Military Coup
- Hot Pockets Recalls 8 Million Pounds of Meat Due to “Diseased and Unsound Animals” | A Lightning War for Liberty
- Ukraine’s bloodiest day: dozens dead as protesters regain territory from police
- Pentagon plays down navy assessment of ‘short, sharp’ China-Japan war
- Secure Freedom Minute: Violence in Ukraine Is No Accident
- CNN: At Least 100 Dead Since Truce Broken in Ukraine
- New York Man Admits Plotting Terror Attack
- Videos Show Ukraine Snipers Firing on Unarmed Protesters in Kiev
- California: Orange County loosens requirements for carrying concealed guns
- Florida: Insurers who punish gun owners face penalties
- Orange County Sheriff Complies with 9th Circuit, Loosens CCW Restrictions
- Bill would require all new guns be ‘personalized’
- Connecticut gun owners revolt
- More Guns, Less Crime
- Iowa: House Judiciary Committee Passes Suppressor Bill With Strong Support
- Tennessee: Governor Signs Pro-Gun Bill, Another Awaits Signature
- SC:Constitutional Carry Killed in Committee
- NSA’s Spying Program Set To Become Even Bigger
- Obama Administration Embeds “Government Researchers” To Monitor Media Organizations
- Scalia Warns Government Will Violate Civil Rights in War
- Bill Expanding Gun Carry Rights Sent to VA Gov. Terry McAuliffe
- California Voters May Decide to Break up the State
- Lapdog That Didn’t Bark: FCC Intrudes on Newsrooms
- Gun Control Proponents Push Visa to Cut Ties with the NRA
- College Trustees Ban Investment in ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High Cap’ Magazine Manufacturers
- Bank Runs Begin In Ukraine As Russia’s Largest Bank Halts Lending
- China Starts To Make A Power Move Against The U.S. Dollar
- Is Food Inflation Coming Back?
- Deadly Deflation Myths
- The Obama Economy and Lingering Effects of Long-Term Unemployment
Science, Nature and Tech
- Firefighters Endangered by Solar Panels
- ioSafe 214 NAS: Keeping data safe from fire, water, and drive failures | Breaking Apple News, Tips and Reviews from The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Google Redesigns News Archive, Makes Searching Through Newspapers Easy
- New radioactive water leak at Japan’s Fukushima Nuclear plant
- US midwest enjoys break from freezing weather but braces for flooding
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.