Time to be honest; Were you stressing out over Ebola? Did you panic, reading all the doom and gloom reports on how we were going to have 10,000 cases per week? Remember that? We were all going to die a bloody death. Hopefully, you listened to the cooler heads in the prepper community (including my podcast and website) and took prudent precautions without panicking.
The most recent WHO Ebola update shows there has only been 1695 in the past 21 days. While still a significant number, particularly to the local regions, this is far from the doomsday prediction of a couple months ago. It’s important to look back from where we were and compare it to where we are now, and realize that the doom-and-gloomers were wrong. Again. Now is the time to review those fear-mongering sources and strike them from your reliable information list.
If you panicked, don’t be embarrassed, as it’s easy to get worked up over a potential event that can harm you or your family. You’re a prepper, preppers want to keep their families safe no matter what. Don’t dwell on your past reactions, learn from them to become a better prepper.
This will be the last PNW that highlights Ebola in a separate heading, as it’s no longer much of a threat.
Prepping and General Interest
- Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifles with Composite Stocks
- 500 Yards with a .22LR Pistol
- Beretta’s Answer
- Living Off The Grid: What Does It Mean?
- 5 Time-Tested Ways To Cook Food In A Crisis
- 3 Quick Tricks to Keep You Warm Using a Common Car Sunshade
- Dollar Store Preps can be a Bargain
- Cattails Wild Edibles
- 25 Homemade Coffee Creamers and Syrups (without the nasty additives)
- Survival Armor’s Fully Structured Concealable Body Armor for Women
- This Is What a Currency Collapse Looks Like: Shopping Frenzy: “We Have A Lot Of Rubles Losing Value Every Second”
- Do You Need to Know Outdoors Skills to Be Prepared?
- New Techna Clip Belt Clips Coming Soon
- Survival Medicine VideoCast
- How To Live Off The Grid: 8 Things You Need Now
- Quick-moving Russian economic collapse causing fears of Global Problems
- Russian Currency Collapse
- FIREARMS WEEK: Shot Patterns of Different 12 Gauge Loads
- Twelve Days of Preparedness…..Day Nine
- Twelve Days of Preparedness…..Day Ten
- FIREARMS WEEK: How many magazines?
- Soft targets
- Stock Your Pantry From Scratch: Homemade Apple Pie Filling
- How To Choose The Right Seeds For Your Garden
- FEMA Warns: 130 Million Without Electricity For YEARS Following Solar Storm
- Campfire Cooking for Preppers
- Common Items To Use For Medical Crisis (II)
- 12 Months of Prepping: Month Twelve
- IMF Now Ready To Slam The Door On The U.S. And The Dollar
- There Is Hope In Understanding That A Great Economic Collapse Is Coming
- Recent Hindenburg Omens Signaled Caution, Now What?
- Russians ‘invest’ in booze and breakfast cereal as ruble continues slide
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.