Yesterday, there was a protest in downtown Chicago. Seems to have gone rather peacefully, so many of you probably didn’t hear anything about it. If you watch the news reports closely, you’ll find protests are more common than you might think. For every “big” protest that becomes violent, there are many smaller ones with the same potential.
It doesn’t matter whether you agree/support their cause or not, being in or around a protest can be very dangerous. I cringe at those fools who bring their children to such an event; talk about child-endangerment.
- Chicago protesters call for mayor’s resignation
- FBI Chief: California Shooters Radicalized Long Before Attack
- Democrats Try to Force Congress to Pass Gun Control Bill
- Fukishima Radiation Off West Coast Increases
- The White House wants your thoughts on encryption
Prepping and General Interest:
- 9 Threats Of The Urban Prepper
- Winter Garden Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Grow 6,000 Lbs of Food on 1/10th Acre
- The “Juicer” Shotgun Slug – The Firearm Blog
- DIY Hydrodip With Spray Paint
- New Gun Concealment Method from Skinner Sights
- 8 Lightweight Survival Items Your Bugout Bag Is Missing
- Appetite Fatigue and Variety in Your Food Storage
- Solo Stove Titan Wood Burning Camp Stove Review
- 4 Critical Survival Drills Every Family Should Practice, Plus Tips to Make Them Fun
- Can You Eat Foods Past Their Expiration Date?
- Bad Idea! Bad Idea! Flamethrower Drone Roasts Turkey : Discovery News
- A sponge-filled syringe could save you from bleeding out
- Winchester USA Forged Ammunition
- PSA & Reminder: Wear Safety Glasses While Shooting
- Ruger GP100 in .22 LR – The Firearm Blog
- Gun rights group to hold fake mass shooting near University of Texas campus
- Liberty University to allow guns in residence halls
- Which Terror List Are Democrats Tying to Gun Control, Exactly?
- Check out the new law that Obama quietly signed over the weekend
- Why we can’t trust the CDC with gun research
- The right to bear arms isn’t up for debate
- FBI: Yes, we exploit unpatched security holes
Science, Nature and Tech:
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source, many included are provided as ‘food for thought’ material.