A classic example of why you need to do your own research: From the SpaceWeather.com newsletter I get:
QUIET SUN: Many readers are asking about a recent media report, which stated that a Carrington-class solar storm narrowly missed Earth two weeks ago. That report is inaccurate. Solar activity was low throughout July and remains low as August begins. Details at http://spaceweather.com. (emphasis added)
It’s important to note that stories like this have a way of getting blown out of proportion in certain factions of the prepper movement. Typically, these are never accurate, but they tend to cause a lot of panic amongst preppers. Please, do your own research before you make plans based on these types of stories or predictions.
Prepping and General Interest
- Best Hunting Cartridge: .25-06 Rem. vs. .257 Wby. Mag.
- Tactical gear vs skills for survival
- Take this one with a grain of salt: Report: Disaster Looms: FEMA Scrambles To Stockpile Food Reserves
- Arizona Survivalist / Prepper Expos
- Education Boonsboro – Mid-Atlantic Preparedness & Survival Expo
- Sustainable Preparedness Expos
- Missouri: State Senator Calls on Google to Completely Remove “Gun Geo Marker” App
- AR:Teachers May Carry in Clarksville
- Oath Keepers » Blog Archive » WARNING: Someone is Trying to Set Up Liberty Activists Using Child Porn
- The Case for Fed Tapering Sooner Rather Than Later
- Billionaire Issues Chilling Warning About Interest Rate Derivatives
- Which Cities will Survive/Thrive?
- If the Economy is Recovering… Why Is Nominal GDP in a Recession?
- US Dollar : A Diamond in the Rough?
- Why the Unemployment Rate Is Irrelevant
Science, Nature and Tech
- The Sun’s Magnetic Field is about to Flip – NASA Science
- Rail Fails, Pipelines Prevail
- Radioactive Water From Fukushima Is Systematically Poisoning The Entire Pacific Ocean
- Iran Suspected of Taking New Path to Nuclear Weapons
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.