As listeners of the podcast know, I don’t do fear. Having been in the game long enough, I realize there is no value in spreading fear about certain events occurring. Realistic discussions about potential events is important and prudent, especially for the prepper, but the “sky is falling” mentality is simply not productive. As such, the special coverage sections on the Prepper News Watch for Ebola and the events happening in Ferguson are no longer warranted.
These are events to keep an eye on, but they’re no more or less important than the myriad of other potential hazards we’re facing. Ferguson has become a politically correct racism meme and is more about the stressors of the economy and the quality of life gap between those that have decent jobs and those that don’t. Having been in the situation, I can empathize with anyone not able to financially take care of themselves or their family, but that doesn’t excuse the violence.
As expected, Ebola is not spreading into the global pandemic the “experts” said it would. It’s a scary disease, but it doesn’t have what it takes to be a “slate wiper,” as many have implied. As preppers, we are often faced with having to make important decisions based on what little information we have at the time. This is why having a working knowledge of a wide variety of topics, coupled with a personal database of information (and/or a working Internet), is important.
Prepping and General Interest
- FLIR R-Series: Low-Cost Effective Thermal Sights
- Lights and Lasers for your HD Gun
- RUSH TO JUDGMENT?
- Fact or Fiction: Gunpowder Temperature Sensitivity
- First Look: Zeiss Victory HT 54 Binoculars
- Why Airguns Can Be an Excellent Tool for Hunting Quietly
- Ticks: How to Safely Remove This Parasite From Your Skin
- Everything You Need to Know about Ultraviolet Water Purification
- 20 All Purpose Remedies Using Essential Oils
- Financial Emergency: 12 Ways to Raise Cash
- Five Misconceptions About Herbal Preparedness
- How Much Ammo Do You Need?
- Choosing The Best Car To Survive a Crisis
- Got Grasshoppers? Get Guineas!
- How To Fish, Start A Fire, And Cook With An Everyday Soda Can
- Uh Oh: Police Shoot And Kill Another Young Black Male In The St. Louis Area
- St. Louis Police Shoot Suspect Dead Near Protest Scene
- Looting Decimates Small Businesses in Ferguson
- American Journalist Beheaded on Video By The Islamic State
Science, Nature and Tech
- Chinese Hackers Steal Patient Records From Health System
- Shocking Claim: World To Run Out Of Drinkable Water By 2040
- Volcano Bardarbunga About To Erupt With Major Effects On Life In Iceland And Neighboring Countries
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.