As you have, no doubt, noticed, the situation in Ferguson is being fanned by the media, anarchists, criminals, and racists. Don’t be fooled, this is not a protest. It’s a cover for rampant violence from a segment of society whom believes they are entitled. Entitled to what? Apparently, anything they want.
This is not a peaceful protest, as you may have been led to believe. These “peaceful” protestors are shooting at the cops, burning buildings, and looting, all in the name of “Give us Justice!” The Police Chief is trying everything he can think of to quell the violence: More police, less police, different police (state troopers), curfew, no curfew, and so on without success. The reason for this is because the protestors aren’t protestors, they’re opportunistic criminals. When the smoke clears on this, and we know the real facts (not the lies being passed around to fuel the fire), we’ll see it was just another senseless riot.
Ferguson does, however, give us preppers an opportunity to study mob behavior (as if we needed another example). Mobs and riots are their own separate entity. They are dangerous and something to be avoided. If you live in an area experiencing a mob riot, stay home, fortify yourself, and wait it out. If you have a business you’re concerned will be looted, ask yourself if guarding it with guns is worth being killed by a sniper. It hasn’t happened yet, but it will eventually.
Ebola continues to be an issue for Africa, but nowhere else. Where is the “end of the world” pandemic everyone was panicking about? Surely, we should all be dead by now. The answer is simple. Ebola is an issue in a country where most of its residents doesn’t believe it is real. Ebola requires extended contact for transmission, doesn’t last long outside the body, isn’t airborne, can’t be weaponized, and isn’t going to kill off all of humanity.
Special Ferguson, MO Coverage
- DEJA VU IN MISSOURI
- Michael Brown Allegedly Attacked Officer Before Fatal Shooting
- Ferguson State Senator: ‘We Have Anarchists’
- Report: Protesters Chants Have Changed to ‘Hands Up, Shoot Back’
- MSNBC Crew Hit With Rocks During Live Coverage
- Breitbart’s Kerry Picket Reports on Run of Gas Masks in Ferguson
- CNN: Revolutionary Communists and Anarchists Causing Unrest
- Post-Dispatch reporter: “More than a dozen witnesses have corroborated cop’s version of events” | Twitchy
- MSNBC Reporter: Ferguson Residents Say Media Provoking Violence
- Looter: ‘I’m Proud of Us. We Deserve This’
- Missouri Highway Patrol Captain: Media “Glamorize” Criminal Activity
- Popular Gas Mask Sales Up 434 Percent On Amazon
- Store owners guard Ferguson businesses with their own guns
- Protesters Storm Governor’s Office In Downtown St. Louis, Demand Removal Of National Guard
- Ferguson Tonight: Nelly, The Negro Spring, Live Fire From Protesters’ Direction, Police Unleash Tear Gas, Flash-Bangs – Live Feed
- Human Rights Watch USA – Amnesty International Deploys In America
- The Ferguson Morning After: Police “Come Under Heavy Gunfire”, Arrest 31 Including Photographer, Journalist
- Why so much anger in Ferguson? 10 facts about the massive economic gap between white America and black America
Special Ebola Coverage
- Ebola Fear Prompts Testing in Spain
- The Madness Begins: 27 Confirmed Ebola Patients At Large In The Community After Quarantine Centre Attacked
- Can Ebola Be Weaponized?
Prepping and General Interest
- Sig Sauer P938 .22LR Conversion Kit
- Naked Ammo Holder
- The Best Bedside Gun Safes at Every Price Point | Guns & Ammo
- Rattlerstrap Flint Laces
- Hunting Quietly Without Attracting the Attention of Your Neighbors | Preparedness Advice Blog
- Emergency Cooking Methods: Cooking with a Thermos
- Lessons from Ferguson: Prepping for Civil Unrest and Martial Law
- Ferguson: Some things to think about…
- Grow Your Own Simple Backyard Pharmacy… Just Like Grandma’s!
- Emergency Food Storage 101
- Build Just About Anything For Free With Pallets
- No Surprise Here: ABA Opposes Self-Defense and Stand Your Ground Laws
- Mississippi: Gun carry right hasn’t brought ‘wild West’
- Anti-Gunners and Their Unicorns
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns Mayor Charged with Bribery
Science, Nature and Tech
- Solar Plant Burns Birds in Mid Flight: 28,000 Deaths Per Year
- Buy The Drip: Thousands Of Gallons Of Oil Spill Into Ohio River Upstream Of Cincinnati
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.