Make no mistake, what’s going on in Ferguson, MO., is not a civil rights issue. We are seeing what we always see when the ignorant thugs of society use opportunity to create a smoke and mirrors event for their criminality. We like to teach our children the world is a nice, kind place, but unfortunately, it’s not. There are people that will rape, pillage, burn, loot and murder when they think they can get away with it.
As a prepper, if you live in or near an area prone to this sort of violence, you should consider moving. Ferguson is a localized event, but imagine if this were a long-term, widespread power outage, even if only for a couple of weeks. Simply protecting your property with a shotgun or M4 won’t be enough; you’ll need to evacuate. And as we’re seeing again, you cannot rely on the police to protect you. When the police are faced with overwhelming forces, they will hunker down and protect themselves.
On Ebola: As expected, the media coverage of Ebola is dwindling as the virus fails to mutate into the planet-killer-virus they hyped it up to be. This still warrants attention, so don’t let it fall off your personal radar. If you’re not already preparing for a pandemic scenario, this should be your wake up call to start preparing for it now.
Special Ferguson Coverage
- On Ferguson…
- National Guard Sent To Ferguson After Night Of “Molotov Cocktails, Shootings, Looting And Vandalism “
- Why Were The Police In Ferguson Told Not To Stop The Rampant Looting On Friday Night?
- Rioters Throw Molotov Cocktails at Police in Ferguson — Again
- CNN: Gun Shots Fired at Police
- Ferguson Business Owner: Police Watched Looting
- Police, Protesters Clash In Another Violent Night In Ferguson
- Surveillance Video: Michael Brown Caught On Tape Robbing Store (Plus Other Pictures)
- The Ferguson story changes dramatically
- Looters Strike Again in Ferguson, Threaten Journalists, Light Fire
Special Ebola Coverage
Prepping and General Interest
- Will You Die Getting To Your Bug Out Location?
- Make the Most Out of Water in Your Home
- What if You’re Forced to Homeschool?
- Why Your Survival Cache Must Include An Air Rifle
- The 10 Most Nutrient-Dense Vegetables You Can Grow
- Every Day ‘Survival Lessons’ From The 1800s
- Survival Superfood Will Last On Your Shelf For 150 Years
- Day After Disaster: 4 Scenarios to Test Your Basic Survival Medicine Skills
- 4 Off The Grid Washing Machines
- 6 Supplies to Stock with Food Storage
- Five Prepping Lessons from Ferguson, MO
- Tips for the Lazy Gardener
- 21 Prepping Items to Look For Every Time You Go To a Yard Sale
- Who Will You Let Into Your Retreat After The SHTF?
- (video) Forest Gardens With Jerome Osentowski Of The Central Rocky Mountian Permaculture Institute
- The Military Combat Trackers Guide to Countertracking and Evading Pursuers
- Choosing a Folding Knife
- Beginning Prepping and the Basics of Food Storage | Preparedness Advice Blog
- Warning: The Coming Pandemic and How You can Prepare Yourself
- Pregnant women, fetuses exposed to antibacterial compounds face potential health risks
- How to Avoid Getting Hurt in a Riot
- Fake TV For Home Security
- It’s Time for a Prepper Reality Check
- 4 Critical Things To Do When The Ferguson Riots Come To Your Town
- Secur Waterproof Solar/Dynamo Ed Flashlight Review
- Congressman Hank Johnson Will Introduce Bill To Stop The Militarization Of Police
- Billionaires, Millionaires ‘Pouring Money’ into Washington State Gun Control Initiative
If you have find a news story or prepping-related article, send it in.
This is a curated list of news stories and articles having interested to the preparedness community. None of the above should be considered an endorsement or an attempt to push any particular agenda by the Preparedness Podcast. They’re simply presented here as an informative source.