In this short podcast, Rob discusses some points on why you should create a Preparedness Mission Statement. Having one will help you keep a bird’s eye view on your overall preparedness plan, and it should help to keep you better focused on the goals of creating your preparedness plan.
The below is my Preparedness Mission Statement.
So that my family and I will safely survive, I will:
- Be prepared for every event.
- Be fit, stay fit, in both mind and body.
- Continually increase my knowledge.
- Have contingency plans, so that I’m not surprised when my primary plan fails.
- Help others whenever possible, keeping in mind that the safety of myself and my family are my primary responsibility.
Of course, your mission statement should reflect those goals that you wish to keep in mind as you work on your preps and during an emergency.