- Balancing Self-Sufficiency and Community
- The Top 6 Tactical Flashlights! Which One Is Right for You?
- 8 Practical Self-Defense Tactics for Senior Citizens
- Practicing Survival Skills When You Live in an Urban Setting
- Best Places You Can Move to Before or After a Disaster Strikes
- Incorporating Mental Health While Prepping
- Doomsday Prepping Your Business
- Black Powder in the Modern World
- Why It’s Critical to Have an Escape Plan in Any Environment or Location
- Community Planning: How Your Neighbors and Friends Can Plan for Disaster
- How To Prevent The Most Common Injuries You Can Get In The Woods
- Homemade Gunpowder: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Doomsday Proof Careers: The Pros and Cons of Choosing Professions That Will Exist After Disasters
- How to Prepare Against Negative Animal Interactions
- How to Prepare for Injuries Before and After Doomsday
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Category Archives: Books
by Jack Babbage (Editor’s Note: The author of this article has just released a new book called, “The Pocket Encyclopedia of Emergency Preparedness” and will be an outstanding addition to your preparedness library. The book is like no other in the preparedness community, but once you look at it, you’ll understand that, not only did we need a book like this, but you’ll want it for your personal library. You can check it out on Amazon. In 1901, Karl Landsteiner discovered that blood has distinct, incompatible types. Human blood was originally grouped into four types: A, B, AB, and … Continue reading
This is a guest article by Greg Mumm. Greg and I discussed the importance of staying fit, especially for those trying to be prepared for disasters and emergencies. For many of us (me included) working out isn’t one of our favorite things to do, and would prefer to do almost anything else. Greg has wrote a book about how to get a better workout and stay motivated and hate the whole ‘workout’ thing less. You can find out more on his website, HateExerciseLess.org. by Greg Mumm Is being strong and healthy part of your prepping? Is your time important? As a … Continue reading
My latest book, “The Preparedness Capability Checklist,” is not available on Amazon in both print and Kindle formats. Amazon currently has it on sale for $13.32 and is available on Amazon Prime. Additionally, if you buy the print version, you can get the Kindle version for only $1.99! With the current sale that Amazon is running, that’s getting both versions for about the same price as the book itself! For more information on the book, either check it out on Amazon, or go to the book page here on the website.
The Preparedness Podcast Mini Guide on Surviving an EMP attack or XME Impact is now available as a instant downloadable PDF! One of the common requests I’ve had was to release the EMP book in print and as a PDF. The PDF version is available now by clicking in the image, or on the Add To Cart button below. We hope to have the print version available soon! The book is still available as a Kindle book from Amazon by clicking here. Book Description: In a blink of an eye, life as you know it can change forever. In the … Continue reading
NOW AVAILABLE IN PRINT! Available on: Kindle and Print Edition In a blink of an eye, life as you know it can change forever. In the aftermath of an EMP attack or a CME impact from the sun, the power grid will go down and it will be months or years before it is restored. In that time, millions of people will have starved to death. Both an EMP and a CME can permanently take down the power grid in the United States, leaving hundreds of millions of people without electricity, water, food, and medicine. Urban areas will soon erupt … Continue reading